Dr. Yum and some of our favorite partner physicians will be cooking with families whose lives have been changed by Dr. Yum programs. Check out the full schedule below.
Watch us on Facebook Live and help us reach our fundraising goal of $15,000.
Donate at least $100 and receive a free Dr. Yum Market Bag!
Donate during our POWER HOURS when generous donors will match your donation up to $1,000 during the hour.
5 reasons to donate to the Dr. Yum Project
Preschool Program ~ Kaye Family
$500 provides a classroom full of preschoolers the Dr. Yum Preschool Food Adventure curriculum which includes 18 multi-sensory lessons, teacher training and continued support, teacher and parent manuals, parent feedback forms, Kuhn Rikon child-safe “dog” knives, ezpz Happy Mats, FunBites shaped food cutters, and copies of “Raising a Healthy, Happy Eater” by Nimali Fernando ND MPH and Melanie Potock MA CCC-SPL, “Broc & Cara’s Picnic Party” by Dave A. Wilson and Melissa Bailey and Usborne Books’, “The Book of Growing Foods.”
Parenting for Wellness ~ Dybevik Family
$400 provides Parenting for Wellness “train the trainer” program including curriculum, recipes and equipment so families around the country can take our 4-week course to learn the principles of parenting around food.
Amy Loves Veg; Journey of an Adult Picky Eater ~ Amy Jones
$300 development of web features like new recipes, Meal-O-Matic and Menu Planner improvements.
Letting Folks TASTE healthy food, not just TELL them it’s good for them ~ Felicia
$200 outreach programs and partnerships with organizations like The Table, a market style food pantry.
First Foods ~ Joyce Family
$100 helps us provide First Foods classes that teach parents how to help their baby establish a lifetime of healthy eating habits starting from the very first bites.
Join us on Facebook Live Thursday, November 8
• 10am-10:30am – Dr. Erwin / Mary Washington Medical Group-Pediatrician
• 11:30am-12:00pm – Dr. Klaiber / Allergy Partners of Fredericksburg
• 1pm-1:30pm – Dr. Vaughn / Hematology Oncology Associates of Fredericksburg (HOAF)
• 2:30pm-3:00pm – Dr. Patil / Radiology Associates of Fredericksburg / Success Story ~ Amy Loves Veg; Transformation of an Adult Picky Eater with Amy Jones
• 4pm-4:30pm – Dr. Parab / Mary Washington Medical Group-Endocrinology / Success Story -The Dybevik Family & Parenting for Wellness Class
• 5pm-5:30pm – Dr. Menachery / HOAF / Success Story – The Joyce Family & First Foods Class